Check out Envision's newest e-book, on posturing and more healthy ways of approaching short and mid-term missions. This e-book is for anyone looking for ways to contribute to missions and the Global Church moving forward as we learn better how to take a humble posture, partner, and re-examine our roles and involvement in global mission.
This two-year, cohort-based program puts a high emphasis on development of Residents. The program is intentionally aimed to develop ministry readiness, discipleship values, cross-cultural agility, leadership, and spiritual depth - including self awareness, spiritual disciplines, self-leadership, and more. This experience is an opportunity to "test out" a lifestyle of ministry at one of our Envision sites, learning from and being coached by our site leadership.
The following book recommendations have been instrumental broadly when it comes to mission. Pick one or two - and go through them with a friend or a mentor!
- Leading Cross-Culturally, by Sherwood G. Lingenfelter
- Leading Across Cultures, by James E. Plueddemann
- The Next Evangelicalism, by Soong-Chan Rah
- Welcoming the Stranger, by Matthew Soerens and Jenny Hwang Yang
- Christians at the Border, by M. Daniel Carroll R.
- Seeking Refuge, by Stephan Bauman
- Love Undocumented, by Sarah Quezada
Find out about current openings with The C&MA around the world.
Find out about current openings with The C&MA in the U.S.
Review our Monday afternoon session with Dr. Stanley John on Global Mission.
Review our Wednesday afternoon session with Lisa Rodriguez-Watson on Local Mission.